KILKARI (THE NEWS LETTER)
BAL UTSAV (A CHILD FESTIVALS)
In the year 2001, for the very first time, a Child Festival named “Bal Utsav” was organized in Lucknow. It was ten days program intended to create and expand familiarity in society, that became its regular annual venture later on. In 2005, Search Foundation started “Uttaranchal BAL Utsav” at Dehradun also.
Every year thousands of children participate in these two Child Festivals organized respectively in U.P. and Uttaranchal.
Lajwaab little is a one day cultural program, based on One Most Talented child found in the year at state level.
HANDICAPPED FESTIVAL HAUSLA
To let handicapped and less privileged people feel an equal status to general, Search foundation planned to organize “Handicapped Festival”on annual basis. In this three days blissful festival, all groups and kinds of handicapped and less privileged put their talent on view and prove themselves of the same echelon as any other normal person
FREE EDUCATION CENTRES
- In rural and slum areas mostly children from illiterate families don’t go to school even at primary level.
- Search Foundation started a mission to develop “Love to Education” among those children. For which it started a conceptual education center with indoor and outdoor games facilities to pull the children towards these centers
- There are now 20 such Free Education Centers running across the country conducted by Search Foundation which shows that the plan was a huge success.
- Initially children are invited to play the games at these centers and then during span of time teachers try to encourage them to go to school and study for brighter future.
HAPATITIS-B VACCINATION CAMPS
- In villages and slum areas mostly parents are poor and uneducated that is why they are neither aware of such vaccinations nor they have financial capacity to get their child vaccinated.
- Therefore from the year of 2000 Search Foundation started every year to give vaccination of Hepatitis-B to hundred of poor and needy children.
MOBILE MEDICAL UNIT
Search Foundation is running two mobile medical units at Lucknow and Kanpur. These units regularly visit to identified areas and distribute free medicines to poor children. This operation is being conducted continuously since 2002. Dr.Parvodaya is medical adviser of such activities.
EYE SERRCH CAMPAIGN FOR ANTI BLINDNESS
Loss of eye-sight in children is occurring at a very fast pace, especially in rural areas. Due to contamination, malnutrition and many other reasons, the eye sight of children is tending towards loss.
Search Foundation has started a lifelong project for prevention of blindness in children. The eye checkup van of the organization is thoroughly devoted to the regular eye checkup of the children.
There are lots of children in our society, who are very brilliant and meritorious in studies, but are not able to project their talents in a proper direction due to financial restrains. Search Foundation identifies such children, with the help of school principals takes the responsibility of their school fees, books, uniform and other school expenditures.
ANTI RABIES CAMPAIGN
In 2005 Search Foundation started its separate Environment and Animal Protection wing. In this campaign more than 500 Street Dogs were vaccinated to save the children playing on the road side.